Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Greece! Opa!!!

Athens is so cool! You feel such a connection with history like in Rome but it is even cooler somehow, maybe it's just my love of Greek mythology! Also thanks to Ms. Pauly for having us read the Odyssey and Oedipus which has made me appreciate these sites even more! First day we toured the Acropolis and saw the Parthenon. Incredible! From up there you have fantastic views of the whole city. It is quite a contrast being up with these ancient building and looking down on a modern city with every inch filled with buildings. Day two we visited the ancient site of the oracle at Delphi and had such a great tour guide! We also had Dev's philosophy professor with us on our tour who was able to give interesting insight as well. On the ride back we stopped at this isolated monastery surrounded by mountains. It was such a beautiful site and had fabulous byzantine mosiacs! Today we took a ferry over to an island called Aegina. We took it easy, swimming is the crystal clear water and walking through the town. On every street there are fruit stands with fruit so fresh the breeze carries the smell all over the island. Tomorrow we plan to visit Athens a final time! We are now about half way through the trip and I can't believe it! There are so many great things ahead and hopefully I will be updating the blog more regularly! Thanks to those who have been following and I wish you guys were here with me! Love and miss you!!!

Katie

PS Happy birthday in two days Dad! I hope I will be able to call! Love you!

5 comments:

  1. Katie,

    Sounds like you are having such an amazing time! I wish I was there to experience everything that you have done and will be doing. Be safe and have fun!!

    <3 Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, love!! It sounds like you have been having a phenomenal time--what an experience! I cannot wait to see all your pictures and to talk about the trip for hours on end...probably starting at 2am as usual. I miss you so much!!! So glad you're having an amazing time!

    Much love,
    Tay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're having so much fun Katie, and I love reading your blog posts! Can't wait to read about Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ally-chatte, Amber and I are sitting here in Jalambs' new apartment reading your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete