Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Italy!
Hey guys! I am sorry that I have not been able to update the blog, but here it goes. Italy was fabulous! We went to Rome and saw the Vatican Museum, St. Pauls Basillica, the Coloseum, the forum, the Pantheon, "mouth of truth", Trevi Fountain and the Spainsh Steps! I spent three days there exploring the city with my roommate and walking more than I have in the past year lol. We got the most amazing gelato I've ever had! It was so incredible how connected to history you feel walking around with such ancient and familiar landmarks all around. Italians are fashionable, friendly and affectionate. Our next stop brought us to Naples. I took a trip to Sorrento and Pompeii. Sorrento is so beautiful! It's just a small town overlooking the water with shops and cute restaurants. Pompeii was fascinating! everything has been so well perserved you can really get a feel for what their lives were like. As you walk around you are contantly aware of the cause of this destruction with Mount Vesuvius looming in the distance. Our last day in Naples Dev, Jenny and I walked around and found this pizzaria with pizza so good I am pretty sure no other pizza will ever satisfy me again! Italians know when to take a break and how to enjoy life. After lunch we walked along the coast and saw Italian families out together everywhere in the parks playing and laying out at the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh I love Sorrento!
ReplyDelete