Monday, August 3, 2009
Turkey
I am so sorry that I haven't become a better blogger but I will catch everyone up on the last 3 ports now. I also had a friend help me make a picture highlights slideshow that I hope will make up for my slacking! I don't even know how to explain these past weeks! It has been incredible! I've definitely gone into places nothing like anything I've ever seen! Istanbul is the coolest city ever! I loved everything about it and felt safe everywhere I went (even though SAS scared us with a bunch of terrorist talks). We saw the Blue Mosque (missed Anne Hathaway by a day), Hagia Sophia, the Prince's Mosque, the Hippodrome and the Cisterns. I went on a overnight trip to see Troy and Gallipoli, which took us over to the Asian side of Turkey. Troy wasn't too exciting actually- a lot of it was reconstructions and models. We did get to take a picture in the horse that appeared in the movie though, which is included in the slideshow. My next day back in Istanbul Jenny and I ventured over to the Grand Bazaar. It was giant, with high ceilings, beautiful decorations and stores everywhere! The men were so funny and there were tons of super nice young guys working in the stores. They would order you tea and sit and talk with you about America, Turkey, politics, anything. I bought way too much stuff of course! That night we met up with some local guys my friends had met to go see Harry Potter. I hope everyone has seen it becuase it was so good! Istanbul was the port where people mingled with and got to know locals the best. Our last day Jenny and I went to Topkapi Palace. It was so beautiful and incredible views looking down on the city. The interior was fabulous full of gorgeous tile. One room had all kinds of exciting relics including Moses' staff, David's sword and John the Baptist's skull and arm- pretty exciting! I was so sad to leave and am ready to go back with anyone anytime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi beautiful Katie this sounds so great, am missing you lots and looking forward to seeing you. Its already only a week before you get home from your adventure. I just wanted to say love you see you very soon.
ReplyDeleteRose